Friday, February 26, 2010

While djing, how do i use a microphone and stream clear sound from my mixer through my comp?

i dj on a live stream video brodcast and all i need now is a mic.


i have one but the thing is to get clear sound i connect my mixer to my desktop using a RCA to headphone adapter cable. now, that goes into the line in. then i connect my mic to the microphone spot in the back of my desktop also. i expected them both to work, and they do! but they dont work together, i have to choose either the line in or microphone. using the mic. i can talk and its clear as day but no sound coming from my mixer unless i put the mic next to the boothspeaker that i listen to while i dj and turn up the volume on my mixer but i dont want that. now if i choose the line in option then the music playin from my mixer comes threw 100% clear, but i cant use the mic. even if i try plugging it into the mixer itself it still doesnt work!


please if anyone knows what im talking about can you help me out!


thanks if any questions to make things a bit clear then ask away!


again thanks


-mikeWhile djing, how do i use a microphone and stream clear sound from my mixer through my comp?
Microphone through the mixer should work!


Assuming your mixer has a dedicated Microphone Input (and it works)


the Microphone you are using may not match the input impedance of your mixer check to see if there are any switches marked hi/low Z near the mic socket.


Try another Mic if you can find one.





If your Mic has a Stereo jack on it, same as the headphone adapter, try pulling it OUT of the socket (or adapter if you're using one) very slightly, when using stereo jacks in mono sockets the earth connection is not always made if the plug is pushed all the way in.





If the microphone came with your PC and has a stereo jack on it then it is probably a ';Condenser Mic'; which is powered by the PC and you will need a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment