Friday, February 26, 2010

When should I get a 3D/4D ultra sound for my baby,& have a clear good picture of him?

http://www.angelprintsultrasound.com/due鈥?/a>





thats were i got mine done and the tell you when are the best weeks. in the calendar you select the due date and they tell you the best days in different colorsWhen should I get a 3D/4D ultra sound for my baby,%26amp; have a clear good picture of him?
You can get one whenever you like, but remember that the FDA discourages it.





Their official statement is this:


';Persons who promote, sell or lease ultrasound equipment for making ';keepsake'; fetal videos should know that FDA views this as an unapproved use of a medical device. In addition, those who subject individuals to ultrasound exposure using a diagnostic ultrasound device (a prescription device) without a physician's order may be in violation of state or local laws or regulations regarding use of a prescription medical device.';





Also the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) states:


';The AIUM advocates the responsible use of diagnostic ultrasound. The AIUM strongly discourages the non-medical use of ultrasound for psychosocial or entertainment purposes. The use of either two-dimensional (2D) or three-dimensional (3D) ultrasound to only view the fetus, obtain a picture of the fetus or determine the fetal gender without a medical indication is inappropriate and contrary to responsible medical practice. Although there are no confirmed biological effects on patients caused by exposures from present diagnostic ultrasound instruments, the possibility exists that such biological effects may be identified in the future. Thus ultrasound should be used in a prudent manner to provide medical benefit to the patient.';





A lot of keepsake companies are operating illegally. Make sure you know the company well.When should I get a 3D/4D ultra sound for my baby,%26amp; have a clear good picture of him?
I would do it when you are well into your 3rd trimester. The pictures are much clearer %26amp; if you do it too early than the picture of the baby is at a developmental stage that still looks a little like an alien. The baby doesn't have much fat or muscle on him/her. If you at least 30 weeks or so you should get a good pic.
I just had mine done on my birthday (the 12) %26amp; I was 28 weeks. The place I went to said they wouldn't accept anyone less than 28 weeks so that hte pics are clear. They turned out amazing! I got a dvd, color pics %26amp; everything. We could even see her yawning. You have to drink a lot of water before hand so that it's all clear- I had to drink at least 5 bottles of water a day for a week before.
I had mine with my little girl at 27 weeks, which was great time as we saw all very clear. I was advised that it was best at 25-32 weeks, as after that the baby has grown so much and is very squashed in so not as clear? Hope that helps!
you are supposed to wait until you are 6 months prego. After then, you should have a good shot of him :) Congratulations %26lt;3
I'm gettin mine at 28 wks...u can go on flickr.com and see pics and u'll see at what wks its the best..
i would say 28 weeks that is when my doc suggested i get one
my appt is sat at 28 weeks and a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment