Friday, February 26, 2010

Will raising my strings give me a more clear bass guitar sound?

Hi, I play a 5 string bass guitar and I keep getting like a slappy noise from it when i strike the string. Ive chaneg my amp settings and it helps a little, but im wondering. If I raise the strings of my bass a little firther from the fretboard will that help? I think it may be hitting the fretboard when it vibrates.Will raising my strings give me a more clear bass guitar sound?
thats usually whats causing it when you get rattly strings. your strings must be too close to the fretboard. i believe you can raise them by putting a bigger nut at the neck of your guitar to raise them slightly more from the fretboard.


adjusting the amp settings wont affect it at all.


you can be sure that its the strings on the fretboard by playing your bass unplugged to see if it still happens


hope this helps xWill raising my strings give me a more clear bass guitar sound?
Um...yeah, it might be the string height. But let's try something a little simpler first. Your pickups might be too close to the strings, and that's easily adjusted with the pickup screws. You can do that yourself, but if you get into neck work or replacing the nut (?!?) have an experienced tech do the work.
Yes it will reduce 'slappy' sound which is probably strings hitting frets but it will also make it harder to play.
Make sure the neck is straight. you may have to adjust the truss bar then adjust the string saddles.after that adjust the intonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment