Friday, February 26, 2010

How can I get a clear sound out of my acoustic electric guitar when performing?

I have a (Dean) acoustic electric guitar that I play through a Mackie mixer/amp going out to speakers up on stands (JBLs). Every time I play I get a great deal of distortion. For the amp settings, the gain is never past 5 (or half), and the volume is up to about 8. The guitar only has treble, mid and bass eqs and a volume knob. I can't seem to get the right settings for a clear sound w/o distortion. Any tips?How can I get a clear sound out of my acoustic electric guitar when performing?
Take your preamp controls higher until you start getting feedback. Then back it off slightly. You'll want it on the edge of feedback and or fuzz, THEN back off very little.How can I get a clear sound out of my acoustic electric guitar when performing?
for a clear sound you need powerful amps that are never set to full but set on half way or less


the mackies have these at the back and should not distort when set to volume 5 or 6 but try stay clear of full volume anywhere.


the gain controls anywhere will give you distortion which you never want on an acoustic guitar


WHY WOULD YOU NEED GAIN on an acoustic?


the guitar volume control also gives distortion when set to full.try have that as low as poss.


make sure your mixer setting is not overpowering into the red zone ever and try have the eq settings set to middle on it.


i hope that helps a bit good luck


i once called nasa



First, check and see if the bass is cranked. Then try turning the bass down and the treble up.
You might need a preamp. Try borrowing one and see if that cleans it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment