Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do i get clear sound out of my home recording setup?

i recently purchased sony acid music studio and installed it on my HP pavillion desktop PC but still when i record my songs (Rock guitar, bass, vocals) the sound comes out fuzzy and unclear. I'm using a standard headphone jack from my amp directly to the microfone input on the sound card. Is it possible that if i use the USB port that i will get better sound or do i need a new soundcard?? Please Help, i am a musician and i'm looking to get my music out there. It would be very appreciated. ThanksHow do i get clear sound out of my home recording setup?
The headphone output from your amp has a higher level out than the mic input on your sound card can take. Does your sound card have either a line in or aux in connector? If so, plug into that. If not, use a USB connection to get around the level problem.How do i get clear sound out of my home recording setup?
Justin - The problem is your sound card.





What you need is called a ';USB audio interface';. This is made for what you are doing.





Here is the one I have and it works great:





http://www.zzounds.com/item--LEXALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment