Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Loud N Clear Sound Amplifier question from infomercial?

The other day I saw an infomercial for a product that amplifies sounds, and you can hear a conversation from across the street. Does the Loud N Clear sound Amplifier actually work? If I am listening to one person, will it pick up well, or will I get distracted by other voices and sounds? I'm 24 and have difficulty hearing sometimes, so would this be a good alternative to a hearing aid? If there are any other things similar to this that are cheaper than hearing aids, so I can be able to hear better, please give me some advice.Loud N Clear Sound Amplifier question from infomercial?
It will amplify all sounds equally. It may have have built-in EQ to focus on mainly voices etc, as it were, but no, it wont ';zoom in'; on sounds across the street etc. To do that, you need one of the satellite looking listening devices you see the FBI using in movies etc (a ';parabolic reflector';. Or a ';shotgun microphone';, which this is not. I'd say that if you wanted to concentrate on just one person, you could still do that, as our brain has the ability to ';filter out'; to a degree the sounds we're not interested in, and concentrate on the one we are. Yeah, it should work for general life, and if you really don't want a hearing aid, then this could do the trick, though I've never used one.

No comments:

Post a Comment